"word" po angielsku z przykładami - Słownik kolokacji angielskich
- She supported a bill in 2000 to remove word "squaw" from public site names.
- Lake County has refused to comply with a state law, enacted last year, that orders counties to rename any natural geographic place with the word "squaw" in its name.
- The lawmakers voted to erase the word "squaw" from the map of Maine because Indians found it offensive, and this county had more "squaw" names than any other in the state.
- In 2001 and again in 2005, state legislation was passed preventing public bodies from using the word "squaw" in the names of public properties, with some exceptions.
- This was renamed Slhanay in 2009 due to the derogatory implications of the word "Squaw".
- Now, for the word squaw.
- Told to me by an Indiana storyteller (educator) at the reenactment of the battle of 1812, Marion Indiana: The word squaw is in fact offensive, because it is misused.
- On August 6, 2007, the MDNR Commissioner approved name changes to many bodies of water in Cass County containing the derogatory word Squaw.
- Ordered to drop the word "squaw" from place names because some consider it derogatory, a Minnesota county fights back with names signaling resistance.
- In North American English it is sometimes called Oldsquaw, though this name has fallen out of favour under influence of negative connotations of the word squaw in English usage.
Kliknij na wybrany nagłówek, aby rozwinąć grupy kolokacji, kolokacje oraz przykładowe zdania.