"word" po angielsku z przykładami - Słownik kolokacji angielskich
- According to them, "squaw," a French corruption of the Algonquin words for woman, is an epithet used against American Indians describing female genitals.
- Mahopac is an Algonquin word with definitions that historic linguists have attributed to "Lake of the Great Serpent" or just "Great Lake".
- The river takes its name from the Algonquin words for "Iroquois" and "river outlet".
- Other etymological possibilities come from the Algonquin words ka-ron and tu-ron ("straight coast" and "crooked coast").
- The harbor's name derives from an Algonquin word for "root place," perhaps somewhere wild potatoes grew, and the community became known as Bonac.
- According to one translation, the name Manhattan was derived from the Algonquin word for "island of hills."
- The river's name comes from the Algonquin word for "meeting of waterways".
- "The word means 'malodorous,' " Ms. Johnson says, "just like 'skunk' is an Algonquin word for 'smelly.' "
- It gets its name from the Algonquin word for Great River.
Kliknij na wybrany nagłówek, aby rozwinąć grupy kolokacji, kolokacje oraz przykładowe zdania.