"plate" po angielsku z przykładami - Słownik kolokacji angielskich
- Soho produced high-quality buckles, buttons, boxes, trinkets in steel, gold, sterling silver, and Sheffield plate.
- They were made in silver, Sheffield plate or earthenware and were in vogue from the mid-18th century until about 1820.
- The firm continued to make large quantities of Sheffield plate, but Boulton delegated responsibility for this enterprise to trusted subordinates, involving himself little in it.
- "Once I illustrate the differences between sterling, Sheffield plate and American and English silver, visitors may gain insight into what they have."
- The rectangular one is sterling silver; the oval one is Sheffield plate.
- From Black Country kettles to Sheffield plate, the consumption of imports led directly to new opportunities for home manufacturers.
- A particular feature of this collection is the fine series of early engraved catalogues of old Sheffield plate.
- Sheffield plate is a layered combination of silver and copper that was used for many years to produce a wide range of household articles.
- The "double sandwich" form of Sheffield plate was developed around 1770.
- Sheffield plate continued to be used for up to a further 100 years for silver plated articles subject to heavy wear, most commonly uniform buttons and tankards.
Kliknij na wybrany nagłówek, aby rozwinąć grupy kolokacji, kolokacje oraz przykładowe zdania.