"popular" po angielsku z przykładami - Słownik kolokacji angielskich
- By the popular etymology, the name of the village means "a bread place".
- The ideogram means "house or place of fish," and was perhaps due to popular etymology (comp.
- According to popular false etymologies, the name means delicate or weary.
- There are several popular false etymologies of the word "spam".
- Several instances of popular etymology are attested from ancient authors.
- In the 19th century, scholars first put the popular European etymologies in question.
- Whitley Stokes believed this latter spelling was due to a false etymology popular at the time.
- One popular, but false, etymology derives the phrase from the 1865 assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
- While this interpretation may have given rise to such positions in 19th-century manuals, it probably arose by popular etymology.
- In medieval Islamic sources there is also a "fictional" and popular etymology of the words as "lines of lab".
Kliknij na wybrany nagłówek, aby rozwinąć grupy kolokacji, kolokacje oraz przykładowe zdania.