TWiT 898: The Alphabetical Show - Twitter & Musk, new iPads, burning art for NFTs, AI chat with the dead
Ocena: 0 (liczba ocen: 0)
Twitter & Musk to close buyout, Apple's new iPads, artist burns art for NFTs, AI chatbot for dead loved ones, and more.
- Semafor.com - A new global news platform for breaking stories and analysis.
- American Airlines is trying to stop a popular iPhone app Sequence Decoder that's become a 'must have' for its flight attendants.
- Twitter and Elon Musk make progress on a buyout, and Musk plans to cut 75% of its workforce.
- The dark side of a super app like WeChat in China.
- Pocket Casts mobile apps are now open source.
- Jack Dorsey-founded Bluesky is building a protocol for decentralized social networks.
- Damien Hirst is burning thousands of his paintings for an NFT project.
- Adware clicker apps in Google Play have been downloaded over 20 million times.
- Apple's macOS Ventura and iPadOS 16 will be released on October 24.
- Apple announced a new iPad and M2-powered iPad Pro, but the iPad lineup now seems like a mess.
- Apple announced a new Apple TV 4K with an A15 Bionic chip and HDR10+ for $129.
- More ads are coming to Apple's App Store starting next week.
- Apple's head of hardware design Evans Hankey is leaving three years after the departure of Jony Ive.
- NFL and Apple are at odds in Sunday Ticket negotiations.
- Boeing 787s must be turned off and on every 51 days to prevent 'misleading data' being shown to pilots.
- Hearing aids can now be sold over the counter in the US.
- Kanye West is buying the 'free speech platform' Parler.
- Meta ordered to sell Giphy by UK antitrust watchdog CMA.
- Are we ready for an AI chatbot that lets us speak to our dead loved ones?
- Red Bull co-founder and Red Bull Formula One owner Dietrich Mateschitz dies at 78.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Louise Matsakis, Harry McCracken, and Louis Maresca
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit